October 26, 2012

IMPORTANT MEMORIES

knitwear H&M, bag Zara, shirt Topshop, ring vintage

When I was younger - much younger - around 6 y.o., at some point the most important thing for me became an ability to posses a doll that was the same size as I was, and looked just like real. I had spent several nights sleepless, dreaming that very soon I would have played with a doll that was the same size as I was, and looked just like real. I thought it was beyond anyone's comprehension to understand how cool it was! I waited, and waited, and counted days... To my child's perception, full of impatient anticipation, those days stretched just like my favourite strawberry chewing gum. Finally sleepless nights came to the end... the day had come! 

Not sure I can choose any words that can fully describe what I felt when I first held her, when I first felt her heaviness, and how happy I was to have a doll that was the same size as I was, and looked just like real - for I am not sure child's excitement when dreams come true can be described at all - only gone through. Amanda became my best friend - we did everything together! We ate, went for a walk and to bed, talked and set in silence.... and I could swear she heard and understood me like no one else.

I don't know when and how exactly our friendship came the point when she moved from my bed to the upper shelf of a huge wardrobe, where my mother kept things neatly organised with an enviable accuracy. Guess it happened when I grew up... My best friends now were lipsticks and high heels that were shamelessly confiscated from mothers closet. And real people... Not all of them were as faithful as was Amanda, but still, I think, she was first who taught me what real friendship is. She taught me how fortunate it is to have a friend, how hard it is to choose the right ones. How important it is to never leave them, and how painful it is to lose them. I would feel terribly ashamed for abandoning her, but deep down we both know I have never abandoned her - she is just waiting for the right time in the future...

There is no better time for thinking about important things in your life than when there is golden Autumn outside your window and you spend days in bed, trying to fight running nose and high temperature. Everything around you slows down - as opposed to the usual vortex of events. You spend your evening watching "Un homme et une femme", listening to the light music and trying to remember the significant moments of your life, that in the daily fuss fade away - day by day... Such days are important... Have a nice weekend all, lots of love, Naomi


58 comments:

  1. The sweater is amazing, you're beautiful!!!
    Fabiola

    wildflowergirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty ;**|


    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    new new post !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning!!! love your bag I ordered it yesterday and can't wait until it will arrive..great blog dear xx keep in touch
    http://loveeneeddesire.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look beautiful. I like this outfit a lot.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit!
    Love the burgundy
    and love the pants!

    X
    http://dipitblack.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic, really really edgy outfit. WELL DONE
    Follow each other? If you follow, tell me in comments and I will follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty girl!
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis set looks cozy. I love it.

    -----------------------------------------------------
    Putri Soe
    SUPERNICE

    ReplyDelete
  9. like your boots!!
    great sweater!


    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous words and gorgeous outfit! Very insightful :)

    Jess xx

    http://sisko-blog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome outfit. The boots are gorgeous <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - love the burgundy with the blue x
    www.ironicfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strange and beautiful story. And more than gorgeous photos!
    Come by my blog if you have time, maybe we could follow each other?

    XX
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous look. i love your sweater xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful outfit! and I love your photos :)

    Thank for following, I'm following you back!

    HEYLJ.COM
    HTTP://www.HEYLJ.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look gorgeous! Perfect casual outfit with an edge x


    What do you think if we follow each other VIA GFC a/o Bloglovin? I'd love it for sure. Will definitely follow back if you do decide to follow. Kisses x

    Fashion Landscape

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful post & I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous outfit! lovely post :)

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

    Enter Our MAC & NYX Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are Beautiful I loved you blog!
    Following you!

    Kisses from Brazil!
    Thais Rodrigues



    Instagram - @thaisrodriguesribeiro

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that look,leather looks good on u!

    http://chictimes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. love ur hair! *_____*


    ♥♥♥♥
    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This outfit is just perfect!
    Love your blog! Following you on Bloglovin, hope you'll follow me back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look great girl!! I really like your blog. I'm your newest follower!

    Xx

    WWW.CATWALKTOCASUAL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely post, I like these pictures so much! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your sweater. The color is gorgeous. And your writing was quite beautiful. I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Life size dolls scared me :).
    You, like always, look amazing, I love that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look awsome! I really like your jumper. I think you have great style. I would like to invite you to my blog, come to visit it when you have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a lovely look. I love your knit! xx

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning pictures!
    Love your blog. If you like mine, feel free to follow me on GFC, FB or elsewhere. I always follow back my lovely followers :)

    xo, G
    Do you wanna be updated on all my blog's posts?
    Follow In Moda Veritas also on Facebook and Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful... I love your sweater! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for following me.
    I follow you back on GFC, and I follow you on fb and bloglovin' too.
    If you want to follow me there too, I'm so glad.

    xo, G
    Do you wanna be updated on all my blog's posts?
    Follow In Moda Veritas also on Facebook and Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  32. Autumn brings a whole palette of sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The sweater looks awesome! You're gorgeous. Love your blog!

    http://beamoazed.com/
    http://beamoazed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. as the autumn comes, i happen to be more sentimental, thoughtful and sensible. i guess this is the thing of this season :) and loved your outfit very much, my autumn obsession is definitely burgundy!

    followed. would be happy, if you visit my blog too ;)
    edankb.blogspot.com
    xx, eda

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so beautiful!

    http://www.puppiesnpurses.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely outfit. I like the burgundy sweater mixed with the leather pants!

    xx

    http://dailyunifrm.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great outfit! you are gorgeous

    xo jess
    www.stmurrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ok I love your writing as well!! That's it! You are going on my blogroll!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is so very sweet of you!

      Delete
  39. great look!

    http://itsalljustlaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. You are so pretty! great look! x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow, amazing feature! I will definitely be back! =)

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!
    twitter: goodbadandfab
    instagram: goodbadandfab
    facebook: www.facebook.com/goodbadandfab123

    ReplyDelete
  42. amazing! love the jumper so much xox

    www.minnieknows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. so french classic. very nice!


    WWW.bogoosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love this outfit! xx Laura

    http://lesbelleschosesdelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW ... great outfit& foto :)!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I'm loving all of this! Great post.... the images are beautiful doll.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love burgundy sweaters - perfect for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I really love burgundy outfits, i think it's so classy!

    ReplyDelete